Monday, February 17, 2014

Paper Issues: Color By Numbers!

I am so excited about this current issue being revealed today by Paper Issues!
One, because the theme was kind of my idea :)
And two, because I am one of the design team members providing a layout for this issue.
It can be interpreted a number of ways (your favorite/lucky number, use number product or a number as a focal point, add color to your page using gelatos, mists, Copic markers, watercolors, ink, paint etc...)
Here is my page using the photo collage from a few posts back that is in Mike's mini album. But I kept it intact for this page instead of cutting it apart.
I decided for the Color by Numbers theme that I was going to use my gelatos for a little bit of a watercolor technique.
I started out by tracing a heart on white cardstock using an acrylic heart shape. Then I loosely filled it in with my gelato.
Then using my handy little water color brush, I filled it in. So, So easy. You can also just use a plain brush. But with this tool, I don't have to mess with a cup of water. Just squeeze it and go!
I made a few extra just in case. Plus it was kind of fun to play with it a bit. :)
I then cut out the hearts I wanted by hand and loosely attached them to the page. I decided to use one for my journaling and really like how that turned out.
I can see myself using gelatos more in the future. I have been looking for some more fun tutorials. And someone recommended *This Class* by Wilna over at Two Peas in a Bucket. Not sure I want to spend the money though.

Also, just want to mention that Pinkfresh Studio is actually sponsoring the issue this month and giving away a goodie bag full of product to one lucky person who links up with this issue.
That little half pink/half plain wood veneer piece in my photo is by Pinkfresh Studio. So cute!
Here is a peek at some of the goodies you could win.

So make sure you check out this post *Here* on the Paper Issues blog for all the details on how to link up your projects featuring numbers and/or color :) Looking forward to seeing everyone's projects!

Thanks for stopping by today!

15 comments:

  1. Fab layout, Mary Jo, love the hearts you made! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those gelato hearts are really really cool! I had no idea that's how you could use gelatos!

    The layout is really great - the layering and colors and everything are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and those hearts!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cute layout, Mary Jo!! What a great use of the Gelatos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your layout in its full glory! The hearts are awesome!! I love those water color brushes, so easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this layout, Mary Jo! Very cool watercolor hearts with the gelatos. I can also highly recommend Wilna's class. I purchased both and got so much out of it. My style is nothing like Wilna's, yet I learned so much. She's also done several free videos in different series for 2Peas showing different ways to use gelatos, so if you haven't watched them, that's another resource. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, Mary Jo! I absolutely love the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous page!!! I LOVE those hearts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layout is so sweet.
    I love the colour combo you used and the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your layout...what a wonderful tribute to your husband and to your marriage. Love all the colour...looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool! I love all the photos of you guys together - that's really what it's all about!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!! Love the heart sand the fun embellishments you added.
    Im sure Mike love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FAbulous page! Love the watercolor look to the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this LO! Genius with the photos and love how you used the Gelatos!

    ReplyDelete